PIO BOOT CAMP
4-Day ‘Master Public Information Officer’ – Certification Course
A Progressive Media Relations / PIO Training
for Police, Fire & Public Safety Leaders
(For payment by check, P.O., invoice request)
Oct. 25-28, 2021
Greenwood Police Dept.
Intensive Media Relations & Social Media Training – High caliber instruction,
exercises, videos, on-camera practicals & more
- Crisis & On-scene Incident Communications
- Fake! Posts, videos, pages, sites, images & news
- Your “open-door policy” may be a career killer
- There’s a problem with those words!
- Preparing for next big incident in a small town!
- Guerrilla tactics to get your message out
- Facebook Live! Should we be?
- News coverage trends, updates & challenges: Prepared?
- When to respond & when to just “shut up!”
- Brand & Reputation Mgmt. for your department
- “Cyber Activism” is a game changer for Police & Fire Dept.’s
- Social Media Revolution: Tricks, secrets & pitfalls
- Videos: Good, bad & ugly of news interviews
- Apps & tech for an overwhelmed PIO
- Write more e;ective news releases, posts & tweets
- Secrets reporters don’t want you to know
- Take the heart out of a negative news story
- Emergency responses to toughest media questions
After this intensive seminar , you’ll be ready for the challenges of media relations with new-found knowledge and confidence to succeed like never before.
PIO Training in Indiana
Oct. 25-28, 2021 • 0800 to 1600 hrs
Hosted by Greenwood Police Dept
@ Training Academy
736 Loews Boulevard
Greenwood, Indiana 46142
$595 per person – Limited seating available
Info: E-mail or call 602-445-6442
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenwood
1180 Wilson Drive
Greenwood, Indiana 46143
Hilton Garden Inn – Indianapolis / Greenwood
5255 Noggle Way,
Indianapolis, Indiana, 46237
Indianapolis International Airport (IND)
Indy South Greenwood Airport (Regional)
897 Airport Pkwy, Greenwood, IN 46143